Monday, May 3, 2010

Unmotivated

Lately I have been unmotivated, unmotivated to post, unmotivated to cook, unmotivated to do pretty much anything but the basics. There are several reasons for my lack of motivation but mostly it is stress, the stress of adjusting to a new baby, the stress of finances, the stress of having our old house looming over our heads. All this stress is making me crazy and it defiantly taking a toll on my weight and health. So I have decided enough is enough, I am going to get motivated. Motivated to take charge of the one thing I can control, myself. I am going to start exercising and doing weight watchers. I had success with it before and I hope to again. It is just getting started that is hard, which is why I am posting this for all to see, to keep myself on track. After having 4 kids in 6 years I have put on more weight than I would like to admit and now that I am done having babies it is time to tackle the issue. It is hard to exercise with 5 kids, a husband that works nights and no money for a gym but my mom has offered her treadmill to me and so hopefully that will be the ticket for me. As far as the diet, I am less than excited about that, especially since when I am breastfeeding I am STARVING all the time, but I hope to at least curb my sweet tooth. Wish me luck and if you have any suggestions for making this a little easier please send them my way.

5 comments:

  1. You can do it! I love WW. I am a lifetime member. I have lost and gained with each child a LOT. I know you can do it best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first step is hard but you can do it!! WW is a great diet. Lots of luck my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some fun Weight Watchers recipes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this really long reply all written out to you, and my husband closed my browser window! grr.... anyway, just wanted to say I completely understand both the lack of motivation, and the desire to control what little in this life that is within your control! That's exactly the reason I joined WW when Paddy was 6 months old, and I lost 90 pounds from my highest pregnancy weight until I got pregnant with Landon. I was about 15 pounds from goal when I got pregnant this time, and I'm not waiting til he's 6 months old to get started again. You can totally do it! I did it without a gym membership too, and while exclusively breastfeeding/pumping. Borrowed my parents treadmill too- we have way too much in common! I did some workout videos and LOTS of walking with Paddy in the stroller. I would love to share ideas, recipes, encouragement, etc... if you want talk to me outside of our blogs & twitter, you can email me at michelle.lynn.farley@gmail.com or find me on Facebook- Michelle Elrod Farley.

    I'm so excited to get started- we're grocery shopping this afternoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't starve yourself!!! =) I know what has helped me after my last baby, and with my sweet tooth is just buying a lot of natural, real food. whole grains, veggies, and no chocolate in the house!! If it is there i eat it! Also the weekends I am free to have treats, other than that I say no. Except before i go to bed every night I have a cup of home made cocoa. one table spoon cocoa with i tbsp sugar and skim milk. It takes my cravings right away. Praying for you...I TOTALLY Get the motivation thing, and I am four kids behind you. oye. =)

    ReplyDelete