What a change. My life has changed, is changing and I am changing with it. I had no idea how good it would feel to be out of the house, to talk to other adults, to have a reason to wear something other than yoga pants!! I love my children and I thank God that I was able to be at home the last eight years, but man it feels good to be away, to have autonomy. It really helps that I am doing something I am passionate about, helping other mothers have the same wonderful bonding experience I did. I love seeing women excited about breast-feeding, excited to do what God intended them to do. Even better is the mothers who come in worried, having trouble and leave with a smile on their face, renewed with a sense to triumph knowing whatever concern they have is normal. I absolutely love it. I am so full of hope to see so many mothers, defying societies norms, putting breast-feeding back on the agenda, but more importantly i am excited to see mothers listening to their hearts, questioning advice, demanding information and embracing motherhood!
Then there is school, aww school. How I have missed you! I love learning. I wish I had not taken it for granted when I was younger. It feels so good to grow, learn and discover new things about the world and myself.
This is the age of discovery for me. I am changing, reevaluating, and growing so much. I am considering thins I would have dismissed even a year ago, exploring places in myself long forgotten. I am now seeing just how much I have thrown myself into mothering over the last 8 years, which is as it should be. But I think at some point I forgot about myself, my interests and desires. It is a strange feeling to be faced with rediscovering myself.
Maybe it is just my age? I know lots of my same aged friends are all in a period of change. Whatever it is I like it. I am enjoying the best of both worlds right now. Mommy time, work life, a WHOLE hour lunch to myself!!! And school!
To all you moms out there I have said this before but never took the advise myself until lately, don't feel guilty for pursuing your own goals! Do not lose yourself completely in mommy land. Show your children that you are a person who deserves happiness too! It is OK to want time away.
Weekly Meal Plan 8-9-26
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment