For those of you who have never had a kidney stone, let me tell you they are 1000 times worse that labor!! As a matter of fact I would rather give birth to Buttercup, the size she is now than ever have another kidney stone! It was horrible and oddly for me it came with no warning, well at least no typical warnings. I woke up that morning feeling nauseated, but just thought I was still battling the stomach flu. A went on about my day and a few hours later, I vomited and then was struck by the most excruciating pain ever. I began crying and screaming, I grabbed the phone and called Kevin. He came right home but in the 10 or so minutes it took him to get home I had collapsed on the floor and was writhing and screaming in pain. He called my parents to come stay with the kids and knowing I could not wait any longer called an ambulance. It may sound silly but I am so thankful I was able to receive morphine in the ambulance and not have to wait for a car ride and long ER wait time. Shortly after I arrived at the hospital I passed the stone. I still have a smaller stone in my kidney, ugh.. Oh well, this is my life! But things are slowly getting better, the kids, minus Buttercup are all well (she is on the mend) and even the weather is looking better!
I know that these were all small things and our lives could be much worse but in the midst of the last few weeks, I found that hard to imagine. I am so grateful to have a loving husband who has really stepped up and taken care of us all and parents who have been Godsends!! My mother came up several times stayed for days at a time and helped keep the house running. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family and the rough times really prove that to me.
I am so glad your family is feeling better. Wishing you a much better week. :)
ReplyDeleteIs it true that kidney stones can be brought on by stress??? hhhmmmm.