Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blah

So I know you all are on pins and needles to know what is going on around here. So here it is. It snowed, a record amount, it's Canada cold and I have been sick, sick, sick. In the 10 years we have been married, I have asked Kevin to take complete control of all the kids only twice, this week was number two. I am on day four of being sick as a dog with the flu and a bacterial infection to boot and let me tell you it is horrible!! If this is only a small tingling of how it feels to have your tonsils out, I will keep mine forever no matter how much they need to come out. God bless all of you who have had to have yours out as adults, I have no idea how you survived it.

It's hard to be a mom and sick. Because no matter how good the other caretaker is, kids just want their mom and they find it difficult to leaver her alone no matter how bad she looks. Even though Dad is in the kitchen cooking dinner, they still feel compelled to come and ask Mom (who is sound asleep) whats for dinner!! Oh. well tis the life of a mom.

Kudos to my husband for taking care of all five who were out on snow days for the last three days while I pretty much slept, nursed the baby occasionally and whined. Thank God he was off and could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment