Motherhood is a balancing act, no doubt about it and lately I feel like I have failed more times than I have succeeded. I feel like all day I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to accomplish the many goals I have set for myself that day and at the end of the day only half are done, I am spent, physically and emotionally and sometimes to tell you the truth I am wishing I could catch a train to anywhere but here. I want so badly to enjoy this time, when my kids are small and I do usually but man sometimes I just break down in tears wondering how I'll make it through the next hour. And it's not just the kids but the laundry, the Dr.'s appointments, the dog, the financial struggles, depression, marriage struggles, grocery shopping and total utter lack of me time. There is always a power struggle going on in my brain about how much time to devote to what and i feel like I am always messing it up. I want to be outside playing with my kids but instead i'm inside doing dishes, or I want to clean the floors but I am clipping coupons. So how do you find a balance?? How do you maintain a house yet not miss out on fun time with your kids?? I know there is an answer but it escapes me......
I try to not let the dirty dishes & kitchen bother me. It can wait. Spending time with the kids is more important and after they go to bed I clean up. I have learned also to let the laundry pile up. WHO CARES! I am so tired of setting all these standards for myself and then disappointing myself. It's just another way for the devil to make us feel guitly as mothers.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if there is an answer. Being a mom is so hard and I think you just constantly have to juggle things and reevaluate. You aren't alone.
ReplyDeleteThere's a poem that I love. It goes something like this:
Quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby, cuz' babies don't keep.
There's always time to organize and clean and we do have to take days to do those things. But if you want to be outside with your kids, I say do it! They grow up so very fast. Hang in there! You are doing a great job!