Friday, June 3, 2011

You might think they are ugly...

I found this on the nourished nest today and I have to say I had never thought of stretchmarks in quite this way before. I know for me dealing with my body after 5 kids is not a pleasant thing but I when I stop to think about all my body has been through and given me I have to say I would gain every ounce of weight and take every stretch mark all over again to get these 5 precious babies I have.







"A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me.

It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it."

1 comment:

  1. I really love that. It's hard sometimes to appreciate my post-baby body, but I am so humbled by the amazing process of bringing a baby into the world. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete