Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What a summer alternately titled catching up

WOW, I cannot believe summer is almost over. It has been a hectic, hot, crazy summer. We have had some of the hottest temps. on record here for more days than I care to count which makes it hard to find things to keep 4 active boys entertained. There has been way too much movie watching this summer.
     This is the first summer I have had a job, so it has been interesting trying to juggle everything. I also got back in school and completed my first college course in over five years! It was so wonderful. I made an A!
   Kale and Ashleigh both had surgeries in the last three weeks. Ash tore her meniscus (knee) and had it fixed today. Now it is 6 weeks on crutches and physical therapy after that.  Kale had a badly deviated septum that was keeping him from breathing well and making his allergies worse. He had is fixed and feels so much better already.  Thank God for insurance!
    Everyone else had been well, just trying to adjust to the crazy schedule of this summer and keep cool. Krews thinks he is Captain America and wears a mask almost everywhere. Kasen has been totally into helping his daddy and asking 1 million questions a day! Knox has been crazy and wild as usual and M has been working, saving for a car and preparing for his senior year.
      The boys are all back in the school they were in year before last. It just made since, now that I am working. Plus they never got over asking about it and we love it there. Now Knox will be in all day prek with his brothers. Krews will be going to a great church mother's day out program while I work and I am both scared and excited for him. I know he will learn so much and enjoy the other kids but I hate to see my baby grow up.
       It seems as though things will never "settle" down around here. There is always a new challenge, a new problem to solve. We have been in a rut lately, not praying like we should, not attending church regularly and trying to solve everything ourselves rather than seeking God's direction. I am reminded lately just how much we have been lacking in that area and we are working to remedy that. I know we can't do this alone, I know God has a plan for us, I know life can be better, all we have to do is ask.
   I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I miss reading your blogs, I miss blogging here. Hopefully I will be able to be better about posting here in the months ahead. But who knows! If there is one thing God is showing me in not so subtle ways lately it is that I cannot do it all, I have to let some things go. I cannot have the perfectly clean house, keep perfectly documented scrapbooks for 6 kids and post to a blog frequently no matter how much I desire those things.








   I will leave you with a few pics of our summer! To the 2 of you still reading, thanks!

1 comment:

  1. What a great set of pictures! You have the most amazingly beautiful set of children. They should get into modeling.

    ReplyDelete