Friday, July 16, 2010

Baby Food

Lately I have been using a lot of the above to make a whole lot of baby food! I must admit I have never made my own baby food before but I love the idea of it! My dad has a garden and I love that I am using food grown free of pesticides, added sugars and preservatives as baby's first foods. He won't start eating these tasty foods for another few months, my babies are exclusively breastfed for at least six months, but all I've read says these puree's will keep for several months. I plan on making avocado and butternut squash his first foods but I have also made applesauce, pumpkin and sweet potato so far. I am just beginning to experiment with this and would love to hear from those of you who have done it, any ideas, tips or recipes would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. wholesomebabyfoods.com is a great site with recipes and info. Also, your baby food will last three months in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi's suggestion is the best I've found. I made all of my baby food for my oldest, and it saved us SO much money!! Puree your food, pour it into ice cube trays, dump them in a freezer baggie once frozen, and then you can take out a cube whenever you need it! A little time consuming to make, but you can do it in bulk, which is great!

    ReplyDelete