When people see we have five kids they often ask things like"are you Catholic" or "are you trying to tie the Duggars" or some other very clever question like that. And my reply is always "No, we are Christian, we love kids and God has choosen to give us five, the end"
It is funny that people seem to want to push us into some catergory based on the number of kids we have. The truth is we never set out to have or not to have a five kids, it just happened and we are in love with each one. On the other hand we do not feel the need or desire to have 5 more. We truly feel this is a personal decision that each couple should make with God's guidance.
Often people try to push me into other catergories as well, like attachment parent or crunchy or something like that. The truth is I don't think I fit into any of those catergories very well. That said there are a few things from each of these catergories that I do embrace. I do breastfeed exclusivly to at least a year, I do wear my babies in slings, I do co sleep, I do not practice baby wise parenting. I suppose all of those things would lead you to believe I am in fact a "crunchy" mom, but there are several things from this school of thinking that we do not follow, the main being that we do choose to vaccinate our children. I read a lot of blogs of women whom I admire greatly that have different opinions than mine on many of these things but for us, for our family these things work.
I guess our family is just a one of a kind, doesn't fit into catergories kind of family! How about your family, what catergories do you fit (or not fit) into?
Weekly Meal Plan 8-9-26
3 days ago
We don't really fit into anything specific either. My plan was to breastfeed exclusively for a year. I wasn't able to with my first, for several reasons, but we made it for 10 months. I have the same goal with our second. We vaccinate them both, use whatever carrying method works best for the particular situation, and neither baby has ever slept in our room. BabyWise makes me really uncomfortable. I make all of our baby food, but I'm not opposed to giving them store bought stuff either. I love that there isn't a right way OR a wrong way (well, I guess there could be a few wrong ways!) to raise children. I just rely on God for any decisions I have to make!!
ReplyDelete