Friday, January 20, 2012

Hit the nail on the head..

A friend of mine shared this story on twitter and man did is resonate. I don't know a mom alive who can't relate to this story on the Huffington Post(read it here). Glennon Melton is the woman who wrote it and she is writing about moms attacking one another for their choice to either stay at home or not to stay at home with their children. Her stance is that all moms should support one another because in actuality all of us no matter what we choose spend enough time beating ourselves up over our choice.

Moms who stay at home feel they are not doing a good enough job, feel guilty for not contributing, for not devoting 100% of their time playing with their kids and a million other things. While moms outside the home feel guilty for a whole other set of reasons.

In my own life I know this to be true. I spend way too much time, worrying, obsessing even over how i could be a better mom, how I need to clean more, how I need to clean less and on and on. Most of the time I feel totally inadequate and sometimes I even think my kids might be better off in daycare.



1 comment:

  1. You are a saint for posting this! That's exactly how I feel every single day. And every night I go to bed promising myself that tomorrow I'll play more, be more patient, find a way to make some extra cash, etc. Then I wake up, fail, and say the same thing the next night. It's exhausting but always encouraging to know I'm not the only one. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete