Today on the way to pick my oldest up from school I was in the car with my four youngest boys some deep, big topics came up.
Somehow a conversation that started with one of them saying how lucky the other was to have some certain type of gum turned into a conversation about starving people, the corrupt rich and drinking water.
As we talked I was both impressed and saddened at the thoughts coming out of the minds of my boys ages 3, 5 and 7.
When discussing how many parts of the world don't have clean water to drink they begin asking "why can't we just go boil it for them? The way survivor man does? Why can we all go over there and dig wells?"
When discussing Africa and poverty, they asked " There diamonds in Africa, right?" Why can't we use the diamonds to pay for fixing their country?" "Why don't we all share our money?"
I wish I could explain to them why all these suggestions can't work, no I wish I could tell them that they can work, that they will work. I wish I could tell them all humans had kind hearts and innocent agendas.
Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone had the mind of a seven year old?
I pray that my boys can always keep their hearts on God. That they strive to be good, to help, to make a difference.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment