Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Marriage is not someting you throw away

     Lately I have watched as several people I love let their marriages fall apart. They just threw it away. Now I know without a doubt that some marriages cannot work, I know sometimes divorce is necessary but I think most of the time in or society it is just that people just get lazy and selfish. It isn't fun anymore, it is hard, someone else comes along that seems more interesting.
    I will be the first to say marriage is hard, really hard sometimes. Sometimes it seems unbearable. But even at the worst time, I know I made a commitment, I have children, and I know without a doubt whatever seems better right now would never actually be better than where I am right now. Life is hard no matter who you are with, alone or married. But I think people are way to quick to give up, on themselves, on marriage, on their children. Commitments matter and I think you owe it to the person you made a commitment to, to treat that relationship better, to work harder at it than you would a relationship with someone off the street.
      It is sad that marriage is becoming more and more rare in our society. Young people don't value commitments, they don't value marriage.
      But in my house, marriage is important, commitment is important and I will not throw it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment