Sunday, September 2, 2012

Decisions, decisions...

 It seems as though we are always at a crossroads in our family. My husband, as most people know is a firefighter and loves his job. We cannot however, survive on his fire pay alone. He was blessed for a while with a great second job with a homebuilder but if you have read my blog long you know that ended when the housing bubble burst. He has since been running a lawn spraying business but recently sold it  after much debate and prayer. It just wasn't working out for our family, too many hours, unpredictable schedule and not enough income for all the hassle.
   So we find ourselves again in a period of transition. Finding a job is difficult for him because of his fire schedule, 24 hour shifts 10 days a month. He was offered a job with another homebuilder but they want him to work everyday he is off at the station 9-5 with a 45 minute commute. That would equal 0 time at home and me being pretty much a single parent.
   It sounds selfish I guess but I am not looking forward to handling this brood alone. I have done it before and I was a stressed out mess. Plus my children need their father home sometimes. It is not like he is home every weekend or every evening. But what are we to do??
   I was in school last semester but was denied my financial aid this semester and so am on hold now. I have no degree and so I cant see me getting a job that pays well enough for him to just have the fire job....It would be different if we had one child, but six kids with schedules, laundry and meals are hard to handle alone.
 I know women do it all the time, but I just don't think I can do it.
So I guess for now we pray..that something better comes along. I could rant and rave about this longer but I won't. If you have a minute will you pray for our family. Pray that we can find the answer to our financial issues without losing our family time.  In return let me know how I can pray for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment