The kids spilled a bunch of birdseed in the yard earlier in the summer and a crop or sunflowers grew, Kevin killed them all except one which I begged him to leave. This one lone sunflower bloomed yesterday. I could not help but be mesmerized by it. I was both happy that it bloomed and sad that it was all alone. Then suddenly I felt sad for myself. I feel as alone as that sunflower lately. I know it is silly but I am terribly sad that my friends the Johnson's are moving to Tulsa for a job there. We have only been friends a few years but I already cannot remember my life without them a minutes drive away. They have been, especially Sammi my calm in the storm. I have never bonded with as strongly or as fast with another friend as I have her. I know Tulsa is only a short drive away but I can't help but fell like it might as well be a lifetime away. I will miss our impromptu park meet ups, photography shoots, zoo trips, dinners and the like. It is not like I don't have other friends, I do and they are awesome too. But not one of them is a stay at home mom, not onw of them is the mother of many boys and not one of them is her. Perhaps I am hormonal or something but this is really racking me to the core. Maybe because the rest of my life is also so uncertain right now, where will we live, will our house sell, how will we make it finanically,where are the kids going to school?? I am happy for them, happy that they have a job, a new beginning and are moving on and hopefully up in life, but selfishfully I am terrified for me. How will I fill my days?? How will I make it with her so far away??How will I make it through the rest of this mess we are in? I know, I know I am being really (slightly) melodramatic but I can't help it. I feel all alone. With so many uncertainties there are a few thing I am sure of, I will make it,she will make it, and we will remain family and God is working in our lives this I am sure of. And in the end nothing esle matters.
Sticky Pork Meatballs
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment