I just am overwhelmed with sadness over the whole thing and I needed to vent about it a little. I have spent the whole day thanking God that everyone I know is safe and sound and then feeling a deep sense of loss for all those thousands of people that cannot say that tonight. I did not have a drink of water today that I did not ache for all those who are literally dying of thirst tonight. i did not look at my children once today without thinking of all the people who cannot find their own children or whose children perished. The poorest country in the region is even more lost tonight and the thought of it makes me ill. I cannot imagine the horror, the pain, the devastation that all those in that area are now facing. It just puts everything in my own life in such perspective. No matter how hard my life may seem, no matter the struggles I face, I am so blessed to be living the life I live. Please remember all the blessings in your own life tonight and pray for the people of Haiti as well as the recovery workers headed there, may Gods comfort and grace be upon them. Please visit the following sites to see how you can help.
Hands and Feet project
Food for the Hungry
Samaritan's purse
World Vision
Sticky Pork Meatballs
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment