Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How do you save money?

In an effort to tighten our proverbial budget belt, I am looking for new ways to save money. My newest endeavor is coupon clipping. I have read so many blogs where people really save a lot of money with coupons, but truthfully it seems so hard. All the rules and different stores seem a little overwhelming. I have found a few good websites to get me started and signed up at all the diaper websites and things like that but I am still looking for more information. So does anyone have any good ideas on how to save money on groceries and household products? Come on all you big families, i know you have some tips, lay them on me!

2 comments:

  1. A tip for T@rget. On their website, many of the coupons are offered through T@rget. You can use a manufactures coupon AND a T@rget coupon together, I have found some great deals by taking advantage of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a coupon clipper, though I know that people can save a lot. I have two tips. 1. Convert all grocery money to cash. When it's gone you are done until the next pay period (or however you divide it up.) I switched to this over a year ago and was shocked at how much I was spending in extras. I would go for milk and bread and spend $50. Now, I just go for milk and bread. 2. Go with a list and stick to it! Don't buy a bunch of extra stuff. And if it isn't on the list, but you realize you need it, make sure it's a need, not a want.

    Good luck with the coupon clipping!

    ReplyDelete