Sunday, October 31, 2010

Care Enough to Wear Pink


Since today is the last day of October and the last official day of breast cancer awareness month I thought I would ask for prayers for a good friend is battling this horrible disease. She is a young mother of two girls who has a long family history of the disease and at 30 underwent a mastectomy to prevent getting it. She still got it a few years later and has been battling ever since. The cancer has now spread to her bones and liver. She is an amazing woman, full of life, full of love and an amazing christian. She has lost her grandmother and mother to this disease and her sister is currently in remission. Please pray for Twana's healing and strength for her family. Also pray that a cure for this disease is found soon, so no one else will have to lose a mother, wife, friend, daughter or sister. The picture is all the the guys at my husbands station in their pink shirts with Twana! Even firemen look good in pink!

2 comments:

  1. I will keep your friend in my prayers as well as her family. I love your picture, and as a fireman's wife they do seem to look good in almost anything. Wonderful thoughts to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an incredible and heartbreaking story. I will keep her and her family in my prayers. I love that the firemen wore pink. What a wonderful tribute and they do look great. :)

    ReplyDelete