Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Teach it to me Tuesdays

Recently one of the moms on one of the blogs I read posed the question what diapers you you use? Simple enough but it got me thinking. I am a mom of five. I have learned a lot in my days as a mother, a lot I could share with other moms. So I decided that every Tuesday I am going to share my knowledge with all two of you that are listening :) and you can feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you have learned too! I am not saying I know it all, every day is an opportunity to learn something new and each child brings new and unique challenges, i am just sharing what has and has not worked for me!!

Diapers: All my kids have had sensitive skin so this is one are I have learned I cannot skimp. I have tried every brand known to man and we are a Pampers family for many reason. 1. they do not leak in my experience 2. they are soft 3. they do not have perfumes 4. they do not pill when wet

Trust your instincts: This one is so important people. No one knows your child like you, you have to trust your instincts. Dr.'s make mistakes all the time as do pharmacists, teachers and other professionals, you have to be an advocate for your child. I think sometimes mothers feel like, "Oh, well I'm just a mom what do I know" and they disregard their worries, when often those worries are indicators of something. So so with your gut!!

Schedules are overrated : Ok, all you schedule lovers are gonna kill me for this one but it's true. Sure schedules seem great in theory. But truth is when you actually have a baby or more than one you have to be flexible too. You can try and schedule all you want but be prepared to have that schedule broken time and time again. Babies will eat when they want, nap when they want and that is ok the world will not fall apart if little Johnny does not eat at noon or skips a nap once in a while. Truth is it is good for kids to learn to be flexible and adjust, you don't want them to be so set in up their schedule that when you go to grandmas for the holidays no one sleeps. Be flexible.

Pacifiers/Blankets/Etc: Don't let other people's judgment make your decision on how/when to take it away. I promise it won't be as bad as you think and if it is, give it back and try again when they are older. No one ever went to college with a blankie!!

Thats all for today. See you next Tuesday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment