A big thank you on this Veterans Day to all who currently or have ever served our great country. I know it does not even begin to compare but I always think about military families when my own husband is at the fire station for a 24 hour shift. It is hard enough to have him gone for a full day in relative safety, just miles away, I cannot imagine having to send him away for a year to uncertain circumstances in another country. My heart aches for the wives, mothers and children of soldiers so far away. I cannot imagine having to hold a house together alone for months upon end as mothers of soldiers do, they are stronger than I could ever be and I commend their bravery. I get weepy eyed at every parade when I see a military serviceman/woman.I pray for our soldiers and their families each and every day, that God would bless and protect them as they protect us and our freedoms. Not just on this day but every day keep our soldiers and their families in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment