So Krews, took 3 random steps last night out of nowhere...he didn't seem ready for that and I am REALLY not ready for that. But I know it is inevitable, he will walk, talk, grow up and go to school. I am not new to this system. I have an almost 14 year old and three others who were all once babies. But this is different, he is our last baby. For the last 7 years I have been either nursing or pregnant, really people, the entire 7 years!! So I have always had a baby in the house, I have been mostly defined by labor, nursing and diapers. Now I know that my role as a mother does not stop when I no longer have a baby, I realize I still have much work ahead but for the first time in a long time I am starting to think about what defines me, besides being a mother and a wife. Not that those are not important things, they are the most important jobs I will ever have but at the same time, I fel that there is part of me that has been pushed to a back burner and forgotton. I want to be defined as something other than a wofe and mother. So I am starting to think about and pray on what excactly I will do with myself whan my kids are all in school. I am really want to go back to school at some point but what I wills study is still up in the air, though I am really intersted in lactation consulants and nursing.
So tell me do any of you sometimes feel that you have yourself in your role as mother and wife?? Do any of you have goals and or dreams for yourself outside of these roles?
Sticky Pork Meatballs
1 day ago
Nursing and diapers. Sounds like my life, too! Someone asked me the other day if I feel like a cow because of all of this nursing! So true. I LOVE your idea of being a lactation consultant. That's totally interesting to me, too! Maybe it's because I've dealt with some completely dreadful ones out there...
ReplyDeleteI have been struggling with the same thing. And I think I'll be calling Cora a baby until she's 10 just trying to hang on to having a little one and being needed.
ReplyDeleteI need to think put some thought into what defines me as well. I've gotten to the point where I actually feel lame on the rare occasion that I go to the store by myself. I suddenly realize that I'm out of style and not a young, hip college girl anymore! I need to find my cool, confident, independent self again.
Hey - I enjoyed reading through your blog! You have a beautiful family! I worked through a lot of those feelings a few years ago and still am. It's good to think about even though I have no answers! :)
ReplyDelete