Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, new wall display.

New year, new wall display. I have to say I have been working on this project a long time. I saw something similar on Pinterest and I had an empty wall just begging for this project. The original person who did this used 9, 20x20 prints and put them in clipless frames. I decided to change it up a bit and use 12, 16x16 prints and put them on painted MDF, so they stood out from the wall a bit. It was hard deciding on the 12 pictures to use out of the thousands we have but my husband and I went through and picked our favorites and the gradually narrowed them down. I applied the grunge overlay mentioned in the original post found HERE and I love the way they look on the wall.
I will say square prints, especially large ones are hard to find and pricey. I ended up creating them as 18x84 posters in photoshop and cropping them at home.
I love displaying pictures in our home and this was a fun way to use special snapshots in an artful way.

1 comment: