Thursday, February 2, 2012

Teenagers

My daughter started high school this year (scary), sunday she turned 15 (even scarier) and this saturday she goes to her first high school dance (most scary!). I know it's cliche but time really does FLY by.
My high school career was anything but enjoyable for many reasons (mostly bad choices on my part), so needless to say I was nervous about her starting this period in her life. But so far, it has been mostly good and I am thrilled that she seems to be much better equipped to handle the "drama" of high school than I was.
I had zero self esteem and she has an abundance, she marches to the beat of her own drummer and doesn't care what anyone thinks. I wish I could have been that way.
I have always dreaded having a teenager, I am a baby person. But now that I have two teenagers I have to say I actually enjoy most of it! Sure there is drama, tempers, lessons to be learned, tears, slammed doors and the occasional "your the worst mom ever, you don't know what I am going through" talks but for most, I can honestly say I enjoy having teenagers.
I am sure it would be much easier if I didn't have teenagers and toddlers but this is my life and I wouldn't change it for the world.
I'll post pictures of my baby girl all dressed up for her first high school dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment