Friday, April 13, 2012

Are you living your life on purpose?

Wednesday myself and about 1,000 others said goodbye to one of the strongest, most beautiful people I have ever met. She is pictured above with her husband and all the other fireman from his station (including my husband). She fought a long, hard battle with breast cancer and it finally took her life on Easter morning.
Thinking about her and listening to the words spoken about her at her funeral, had a strong impact on me. This woman never complained, never ask for sympathy, never quit smiling, never gave up and every day she lived on purpose and with joy.
I think if we are honest with ourselves most of us would say that we complain too much, worry too much, are angry too much and that sometimes the little things in life interfere with what is really important in our lives. Yet this woman who had every reason to complain, to give up, to yell and scream and be selfish decided that she was going to enjoy every second she had and to make everyone she came in contact with smile.
Judging by the outpouring of love she received, she did just that. So while I am incredibly sad that she is gone, when I think of her, I will remember to choose joy, to choose love, to choose life. Even when I don't feel like it I will make an effort to smile. I will remember to let the little things slide, to not have an angry heart.
She was amazing, beautiful, and a hero in every sense of the word. Please join me in praying for her two daughters and her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment