

As i mentioned in a previous post last saturday we, well actually my husband had to take Sunshine to the ER. It seems while playing with Bulldog he somehow swallowed a penny, he says Bulldog shoved it down his throat but somehow I doubt that story. Anyway he came out of his room about 7 pm crying saying his throat hurt and he had a penny stuck in it. Great, wonderful timing too. We had a full day of visitors and were just about to give the boys a bath and put everyone to bed. Instead, since the penny was stuck KB took Sunshine to the ER and they x rayed him, sure enough the penny was stuck near his windpipe and they were afraid it could interfere with his breathing if it moved. Well after a lengthy wait in the ER the DR. informed my husband that they did not remove penny's there and that they would have to take Sunshine by ambulance to another hospital. Great, more waiting, it was now about 9:30 pm. About 10 they finally got in the ambulance and made it to the other hospital, then anther xray. This xray showed that due to the bumpy ambulance ride, the penny was now resting comfortably in Sunshines tummy!! So they sent them home, with orders to go through Sunshines poop for the next few days and watch for the penny! Great more fun. So now it has been almost a week and no penny...if it doesn't pass tonight the Dr. has called for more xrays tomorrow to see where the little devil is.... This penny is costing us a boatload......and my husband is tired of going through poop...
Hope you find that penny soon! Sounds like you've had a very eventful week- I guess the addition of a newborn just wasn't enough, huh? :)
ReplyDeleteMichelle
http://www.justanotherbloggingmommy.com
I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at that. I'm sure Kevin is having a fabulous time going through that. It sounds like the kind of job I would hand over to Jeremy, too.
ReplyDeleteHey Amanda. I was just wondering, please tell me that both of these X Rays are from the first ER visit. That penny is not any where close to the stomach on that second picture. If it is still above the Esophageal sphincter, it needs to be removed ASAP. I was just concerned. Please call me if that is not the case.
ReplyDelete