Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A little help please..

I have OCD, I am a worrier, we have been over all this before. I have been really struggling with worry, fear and anxiety my whole life but it has really been bad the last year. I am still battling trying to find just the right combo of meds that both help and don't have too many side effects, so while still working on that I have decided to really try and tackle the anxiety and worry in other ways. I have really been trying to figure out what exactly causes me to worry and how to stop worrying about those things. Sounds easy but it is not. I have discovered that the number one thing I fear, worry, stress about is getting old and my children getting older and I just don't know how to let go of that issue. I have five kids and I love them all to peices at just the age they are now and each time one of them has a birthday it makes me sad, each time Krews leans something new, gets a month older it makes me sad, becasue I know they will all only be this age once and I know that while the days with five young kids sometimes feel long the years are short. I guess I have focused so much time and attention on being a mommy, on raising kids, that I just have know idea what my life without diapers, breastfeeding and naps will be like. That is scary to me. I LOVE having a baby in the house, I love having toddlers, I love my kids being at home and I hate it when they have to go to school. I am not the mom who can't wait for her kids to grow up and move away. I LOVE being a mom, no matter how stressful it is to a house full of rowdy little kids. I just fear them getting older. I fear change and I just for the life of me don't know how to get over it. I have tried telling myself, it's great this is what they are supposed to do grow and change and I know in my head that is true and I do love watching them at each new stage in life but there is still a part of me that is sad knowing that they are only little for a short while. So tell me do any of you feel this way?? Any of you have any suggestions on how to combat this??? I would love to hear your advise...

3 comments:

  1. I also LOVE having a baby in the house. I have 3 boys and one on the way. I also don't like change and worry about the future and OMG when they want to move out. We have to learn to live one day at a time and pray for God to help us raise them right so they will grow up to be responsible adults. All we can do is our best while they are with us. So cherish every day and don't let the devil steal your joy! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have taken the thoughts right out of my head! I wish my babies would stay little forever and I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack when I think of them growing up and going to school and needing me less and less :( I have no experience with it yet and no advice to give. I just wanted you to know you're not alone! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doctor told me to try yoga. I know it sounds weird, but I was having panic attacks (b4 children) and I did not want to be on medication for the rest of my life, so I asked what my options were. My doctor told me to meditate, try yoga, and to concentrate more on myself. Now I'm a parent, and I sometimes feel the panic and anxiety returning. I worry about not always being there for them. I worry about them being harmed, mistreated, and the worse. I worry about something happening to my husband, he's a cop, so his job gives me anxiety. I also try not to watch the news so much. The meditation exercises definitely do wonders. But I also find myself praying more than I ever. The older I get, the more I stay on my knees praying for my girls and my family. I don't think there is a cure for anxiety, you just have to find things that work for you.

    ReplyDelete