Saturday, February 20, 2010

Way back Wednesday-Saturday Edition


I was looking through files on my computer today and found this picture of my now 13 year old baby girl and I just had to share it! It is one of my favorites and every time I see it I smile. Ok, to be honest today when I first saw it I cried, I cried because I can't believe my my first baby, my only daughter is growing up so fast. I cried because I want to turn back time, to cuddle her more, to hold my sweet, TINY girl one more time. I cried because she is so special to me, so beautiful, such a treasure and I realize looking at pictures like these that the time I have her as a child is so fleeting. I want to keep her a baby, to keep her innocent, to keep her safe and more and more these days I realize that is harder than it used to be. I realize that I am weeks away from having my 5th baby and that hormones are flowing and perhaps that is why I am sitting on my bed, staring at a precious picture of my child and bawling like a baby myself, or maybe it is becasue I want so badly to control the world, to make it perfect for my baby girl and knowing that the truth is I cannot. I am struggling so much with this issue lately. I just want her life to be perfect, I want her life to be easy and God is showing me more and more lately that I am not, cannot be in control of every aspect of her life, that ultimatly she is not my child she is GOD's child and all I can do is try my hardest to do what is right, to teach her and guide her and pray that it all goes well. It is true what they say, they grow up way too fast, so enjoy this picture of my sweet girl and then go and spend some time enjoying your own sweet child. Sorry...I had to vent, the hormones are making me crazy today and I am way too introspective.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet photo! I can see why you love it!
    They do grow up WAY to fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harder these days to keep them innocent - but not impossible! She's beautiful! LOVE her baby picture, too cute! =)

    ReplyDelete