Saturday, February 6, 2010

Yes, it's another boy. No, I don't wish it was a girl

It seems like I am asked everywhere I go if I am having a girl this time. People see me with my herd of boys and assume I must be dying for a girl. When I explain that I am having another boy, I usually hear "Ahh to bad maybe next time right?" as if I just told the person that my baby had no arms or something. I usually reply " No, I already have a girl and I actually love having boys". I don't know why it angers me so but it does people act like having lots of boys is a bad thing, I assure you it is not. There is something so special about being the mother of boys and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Don't get me wrong I love my daughter and she and I share a special bond as well but the bond between a mother and her son is something incredible and I will always treasure it with each of my boys. So when people make comments about how I must want a girl, or how sad I must be to have all these boys it makes me feel sad for my boys, like they are being attacked, like the person asking values boys less than girls. I know its probably just a hormones that make these comments upset me so but I just want to get a shirt made that says "Yes, it's and boy and yes, I love it" so people don't have to ask.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another bouncing baby boy! I can somewhat understand how you feel. I have 2 girls and as much as I would love to have a boy the next time we have a baby, I would be just as happy with another girl. It's what I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People say weird stuff. I am glad you are having another boy because your boys are adorable. Well so is your girl but you know what I mean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peoples comments kill me. Seriously, why would they think that is okay to say. I agree with you...there is something so special between a mom and a son. I love looking around at the teenage boys at our church, who are bigger and taller than their mommas, but still momma's boys. So sweet. I LOVE my little-girl, but I hope I can have a momma's boy someday.

    ReplyDelete